Mont Blanc contrary to its name is a German company, which originally produced quality pens only. Then later on, they also started to produce other goods such as jewellery, watches, fragrance, leather items and eyewear. The brand is very famous for its luxury items. You can find its stores in every big city and airports in Dubai. In the United Arab Emirates, the highest number of stores of Mont Blanc is in Dubai.
Mont Blanc was founded in Hamburg and its worldwide fame started to flourish especially from 1977 when Dunhill purchased the company. From then on, it specialised only in the manufacturing of luxury goods. Today the Swiss Richmont Group owns the company with such other companies as Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Chloé, and Baume ET Mercier. The leading products from which Mont Blanc gained fame were the Rouge et Noir and Mont Blanc first published in 1910. Then, the Master Pen as it is called in German, a fountain pen that came out first in 1924. Mont Blanc is very famous for its exclusive limited edition products, out of which only a couple of hundreds are produced, just as the Patron of the Art Series, which includes 18K gold models, decorated with various gemstones, mostly diamonds. The logo of the limited editions is a Mother of Pearl Montblanc Star on the cap. Cheaper and mass production editions include the Montblanc Writers’ Edition released every year in memory of a famous writer. Apart from these, there are Annual and Special Theme editions of Mont Blanc coming out periodically. In order to prevent these precious editions from being copied, there are some specialities regarding Mont Blanc pens from which you can recognise if they are true or fake. For example, the Made in Germany written under the clip with Pix written next to it quite often and the barrel of the pen under strong light reveals red hue.
Mont Blanc is also famous for its rich cultural and social activities, like charity programs and donations. In its 2009 campaign, Mont Blanc has donated quite a rich sum for the UNICEF. Mont Blanc watches although not are as highly famous as the original Swiss brands, but they are manufactured in Switzerland with all the care and professionalism that you can expect from top Swiss watchmakers. The workshop or factory of Mont Blanc watches can be found in Le Locle Switzerland. There are currently eight collections of Mont Blanc watches:
* Star and Star 4810: The star series include the XXR Chronograph series a professional watch with so many features made out of stainless steel containing silver and red gold as well behind the sapphire crystal case back. Start comes out in the following different editions: automatic, quartz, chronograph, steel jewellery or gold jewellery. The Star 4810 is a much simpler line though when it comes to the features, but it is a beautifully elegant watch in itself.
* Nicolas Rieussec: Hand wound MB R100 or automatic Mono-pusher Chronograph models taking inspiration from Monsieur Rieussec who took part in the inventory of the first chronograph in the world in 1821 featuring a column wheel mechanism with vertical disc clutch. This highly expensive watch can also be ordered in platinum.
* Sport: This is a very sporty chronograph watch with several features as waterproof, extra hard and resistant watch.
* Timewalker: It has a dynamic look with the combination of new and old; with sapphire-case crystal body. It can be ordered in red gold as well. Watch can be ordered with the following features: Large automatic, GMT automatic and chronograph.
* Profile: This is the women watches selection with beautiful diamond decorated watches that are made to look beautiful, classy and resistant at the same time. Profile comes in quartz, automatic, chronograph and jewellery types.
* Summit: This is a modern minimalist watch yet containing some features of the old look with extra flat glass.
* Travel Timepieces: This collection contains clocks instead of watches, featuring alarm and desk clocks.
* Collection Villeret 1858: This collection contains the finest quality Mont Blanc watches, with Mont Blanc Villeret written on them. Featuring all handmade timepieces, these Mont Blanc watches are really worth seeing with their perfect look and perfect time keeping characteristics. The Villeret collection of Mont Blanc watches features great exclusive timepieces such as the Grand Tourbillon Heures Mystérieuses or the Grand Chronographie Authéntique. These timepieces represent the highest level of watch making with the usage of the most punctual mechanics and the most expensive metals and gemstones.
You can see all these beautiful collections of Mont Blanc watches in the Dubai Mont Blanc stores. Mont Blanc has its own brand stores in the biggest shopping malls of Dubai, in the Dubai Mall on the first place. The exclusive watch retailer Ahmed Seddiqi and Sons has contract with Mont Blanc for the retail selling of the brand. The Rivoli Watches Group of Dubai also sells Mont Blanc watches.
As you see, there are many exclusive places for seeing and purchasing the beautiful Mont Blanc Watches. If you are lucky, you can get to Dubai in time of the great Dubai Summer discounts, when you can get also Mont Blanc watches along with other precious watch brands for a lot better price.